Phraram Ratchaniwet Palace

Phraram Ratchanivet PalaceiconPhraram Ratchaniwet Palace

This palace, originally called Ban Pued Palace, was located at Tambon Ban Mo, Amphoe Muang Changwat Phetchaburi. King Chulachomklao, Rama V, desired to have it built as a rainy season palace with his own money. The plot of land was bought from a villager and the design was made by a German, Mr.Karl Deurring. Admiral HRH Prince Boriphat of Nakhonsawan HRH Prince Damrony were assigned to monitor the construction. The palace is of European design and construction began in 1909 and completed in 1916. The palace was named during the reign of king Rama VI as Son Phetch Prasat Palace. The name was changed to be Phraram Raatchaniwet in the year 1918 when it was used as palace to welcome and accommodate state visitors.

See Phraram Ratchaniwet Palace photos icon See Phraram Ratchaniwet Palace map icon

Homepage icon Hua Hin Attraction attractions

© 2004 - 2013
| Hua Hin | Baan Sunanta Hua Hin | Hua Hin Resort | Hua Hin Apartment | Hua Hin Pictures | Taxi Hua Hin | Hua Hin Hotels Hua Hin Resorts |
| Hua Hin Accommodation | Rent Hua Hin | Hua Hin Deals | Hua Hin Property | Hua Hin Expat | Hua Hin |
| Hua Hin Apartments | Hua Hin Condos | Hua Hin Villas | Hua Hin Houses | Hua Hin Vacations | Hua Hin Beach |
| Bangkok Hotels | Thailand Hotels | Thailand Travel | Thailand Pictures |